Welcome to the Season 2 Healthy Recipes Cookbook by XPASS. Once you have tried Season 1 of our cookbook, you can find more inspiration and recipes here.
Shrimp Fried Rice
- Frozen peas & carrots
- Avocado Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Oyster Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- 2 Eggs
- Peel and devein 10-15 medium-sized shrimp. Cut each in half widthwise.
- Remove 1 cup of leftover cooked white rice from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature (1-day-old rice works best).
- In a pan over medium-high heat, separate and toast the rice with 2 tsp of avocado oil.
- Defrost 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots and add them into the pan to heat up with the rice. Add any additional vegetables as desired.
- Create a space in the pan and add in the shrimp to cook quickly before mixing it in with the rice and vegetables.
- Season with 1 ½ tbsp of soy sauce, 2 tsp of oyster sauce, 1 tsp of garlic powder, and 1 tsp of onion powder. Adjust seasoning as desired and add more oil and soy sauce if the mixture is too dry.
- Toss together and let heat up in the pan.
- Crack and whisk 1-2 eggs and cook in a separate pan or if the pan is large enough make a space in the rice to cook the eggs.
- Scramble the eggs and mix them into the fried rice.
- Garnish with a sriracha drizzle, and chopped scallions.
- 10 oz salmon
- ½ tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brush salmon with olive oil
- Mix all dry ingredients and season the salmon
- Air fry at 390F for 12 min
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 2 cups cooked rotini pasta
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup grape tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup kalamata olives (if desired)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water until no longer hot.
- In a large bowl, add pasta, cucumber, tomato, red onion, parsley, and feta cheese then drizzle with dressing.
- Toss until all the ingredients are evenly coated with the dressing. Garnish with extra feta and serve immediately.
- ½ cup Rolled Oats
- 120g Almond Milk
- 1 small sachet Stevia (any sweetener)
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 30 g Fresh Blueberry
- 10 g Sliced Almonds
- Mint Leaves (garnishing)
- Combine the oats, almond milk, stevia & chia seeds in one glass or mason jar then set aside.
- Let it sit for a day to fully incorporate.
- Garnish with Blueberries, Almonds and Mint leave or you can garnish with anything you like.
- Enjoy and eat anywhere you are.
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- Optional: Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp of Goat Cheese
- Balsamic Glaze
- Roast 1 red bell pepper over an open flame or under the broiler to blister. Cover in aluminum foil once cooked, then peel and slice.
- Slice 1 chicken breast in half to create thinner portions. Season with salt, pepper, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp onion powder, 1 tbsp olive oil, and 2 tsp honey. Add smoked paprika if desired.
- Cover and bake at 430 F until 165 F internal temperature (approx 20 mins).
- Toast a handful of walnuts for 8 minutes to add a rich smoky flavor.
- Slice 2 pieces of sourdough bread, lightly oil, and toast in a pan.
- Add 1 tbsp of goat cheese to both sides of the bread, 3 slices of endive lettuce, 2 slices of roasted pepper, a handful of crushed toasted walnuts, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Slice and serve.
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- ¼ cup quinoa
- ½ cup water
- Olive oil
- 1 egg
- Paprika, garlic powder, black pepper - to taste
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup spinach
- In a bowl, combine quinoa and water. Cook for about 4 minutes in the microwave (until quinoa is cooked and water is absorbed).
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Crack an egg into pan and top with spices. Cover until egg is cooked to preference.
- Set egg aside and add quinoa and veggies into the pan. Saute for about 3 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Combine in a bowl and enjoy!
Avacado Egg Salad
- 2 large avocados, diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced or grated
- 1 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dill, chopped
- 1 dill pickle, diced
- 1 tbsp dill pickle juice
- 2 tbsp spicy mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- In a small bowl, mash ½ of your avocado.
- Add dill pickle juice, spicy mustard, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Gently fold in your remaining avocado, grated egg, red onion, dill, and dill pickle.
- 5g Paprika
- 5g Cumin
- 2.5g Onion Powder
- 1g Garlic Powder
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1pc Red Onion
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Tortilla Wrap
- 1pc Bell Pepper
- Sour Cream
- In a bowl, combine your paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Season your chicken strips with the spices and herbs that you combined and marinate for at least 30 mins.
- In a skillet, add your olive oil then saute your red onion.
- Add your marinated chicken and let it cook.
- Add your bell pepper.
- You can serve this with pita bread & sour cream.
- Drizzle some lemon juice to fully enjoy.
Air Fryer Potatoes
- Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 parts olive oil, 1 part dijon mustard
- Fresh garlic
- Grated parmesan
- Salt & Pepper
- Rosemary (optional)
- Soak potatoes in cold water
- Toss all ingredients together in a bowl
- Add to the air fryer at 400F for 20 min
Creamy Penne Pasta
- 1 Chicken Breast
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Lemon Juice
- 2 cups of penne pasta
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 ½ tbsp tomato paste
- ⅔ cup of milk
- Grated Parmesan
- Butterfly 1 chicken breast and pound thin. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Saute the chicken in a pan on medium-high heat, deglazing with lemon juice. Cook until 165 F internal, cover until served.
- Add 2 cups of penne pasta to salted boiling water and cook until al dente (approx 12 min)
- In the same pan as you cooked the chicken, saute ⅔ cup of diced white onion until translucent.
- Add in 1 ½ tbsp of tomato paste, ½ cup of pasta water, and ⅔ cup of milk or cream. Mix together to form a sauce.
- Cook a handful of spinach in the sauce until wilted, then add in your pasta with another ¼ - ½ cup of pasta water to thin out the sauce if desired.
- Season to desired taste with grated parmesan, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning or fresh herbs.
- Serve with sliced chicken breast and garnish with grated parmesan.
GF Strawberry Crumble Bars
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line an 8 x 8 square pan with parchment paper.
- Soak the dates in hot water to soften. Microwave the strawberries until they get hot and release their liquid. Stir in chia seeds and let sit to thicken. Squeeze out excess water from dates.
- Process together the dates, almond flour, coconut, coconut oil, almond butter, and cinnamon until broken down. Add the oats and process on low until mixed together.
- Reserve 1 packed cup of the crust mixture. Spread the rest of the mixture (about 2 cups) onto the prepared pan and press down firmly, covering the base. Add the strawberry chia jam and spread it out over the crust. Sprinkle the rest of the crust mixture all over the strawberry layer and gently press down.
- Bake for 25 minutes, cool completely, then cut into bars. Enjoy!
- 4pcs Green Apples
- 2 sachet Stevia (optional)
- 1pc Cucumber
- 50g Spinach
- Cut your apple into slices and make sure to remove the seeds.
- For the cucumber, peel the skin and remove the seeds then cut into slices.
- In a blender, combine your apple, cucumber, and spinach. You can add stevia for added sweetness or honey.
- Additional Ice is optional if you want a cool drink.
Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic, grated or minced
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- Juice of one lemon
- Carefully filet the chicken breast into two thinner pieces or use thin-cut chicken breast. Pound or use a rolling pin to make the chicken breast pieces even.
- Combine salt, pepper, onion powder, paprika, lemon pepper seasoning, and paprika in a bowl. Drizzle the chicken breasts with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle the spice blend on both sides of the chicken until fully coated.
- In a large skillet, heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and sear the chicken on each side until golden brown for about 3-5 minutes.
- In the same skillet, add butter, garlic, and thyme and saute for about one minute. Then add lemon juice and chicken stock. Mix it all together, allow the chicken breasts to simmer in the sauce for about 3-5 minutes, and spoon the sauce over the top until the chicken is cooked through. Taste the sauce and add salt if needed. Let it rest for 10 minutes and enjoy.
- 4-6 Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp old El Paso taco seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sazon Goya seasoning
- Fat-free Mexican cheese
- Flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp of smart balance butter
- Jalapeños (optional)
- Low-fat taco sauce (optional)
- Begin by removing as much fat as you can from your chicken thighs.
- Add all of your seasonings to your chicken and toss around until well incorporated.
- Add your butter to a pan over medium/high heat, once melted add and cook your chicken for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once cooked, remove your chicken from the pan and dice as small as you can get it.
- To your same pan over low/medium heat add in your flour tortilla. You can immediately add a handful of your cheese and your cooked chicken on top.
- Once you see your cheese is melting you can flip your tortilla and press down. After about 30 seconds, remove your quesadilla and use a knife or pizza cutter to slice. Enjoy!
Steak & Eggs
- 6 oz NY Strip Steak
- Yellow Onion
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- Dry brine 6oz NY Strip steak by salting generously and letting it refrigerate uncovered for 2+ hours. Remove before cooking and let it get to room temperature.
- Thinly slice ½ yellow onion and saute on low heat until caramelized.
- While the onions are sauteing, roast a handful of small round potatoes until fork tender.
- Set onions aside and increase heat to high to add a firm sear to the steak. Cook steak to desired internal temperature and set aside to rest.
- Let the roasted potatoes cool, then smash them gently to flatten and crisp up in the pan used to cook the steak.
- Once crispy all around, toss with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and sauteed onion seasoning to taste.
- Cook 2 eggs any style, seasoning lightly with salt and pepper.
- Serve sliced steak, 2 eggs, and potatoes together.
Raspberry Lemonade Smoothie
- 1 cup raspberries
- ½ cup frozen cauliflower rice
- A few ice cubes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or coconut water)
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Blend & enjoy!
Protein Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Nice Cream
For the cookie dough:
- 1/2 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or your favorite nut/seed butter)
- 1/3 cup dates, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
For the nice cream:
- 2 barely ripe frozen bananas
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nut milk
- 1 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- In a food processor, blend all of the cookie dough ingredients, except for chocolate chips, together until smooth. If the dough is warm, let cool, then mix in the chocolate chips. Roll into small balls and place in the freezer.
- Blend the frozen bananas, protein, vanilla, and nut milk together. Mix in the chocolate chips and cookie dough balls.
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup candied pecans
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1 cup strawberries (5 large strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Blend the dressing
- Toss & enjoy
Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
- ⅔ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup frozen bananas
- ⅔ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 ½ cup Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Agave Nectar
- 3 strawberries
- ½ banana
- Coconut chips
- Nutella or peanut butter
- Blend ⅔ cup of frozen blueberries, ½ cup of frozen banana, ⅔ cup of frozen strawberries, 1 ½ cup of fat-free vanilla greek yogurt, and 1 tbsp of agave nectar (add a little water to thin out if needed).
- Thinly slice 3 strawberries and ½ a banana.
- Crush a handful of cashews or walnuts.
- Top the smoothie bowl with the sliced fruit, coconut chips, crushed nuts, and a drizzle of Nutella or peanut butter.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup nut milk
- ½ a ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- About a 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to add to your pancakes
- Maple syrup for topping
- In a blender, add your oats, nut milk, banana, egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Blend on medium for 1 minute or until the mixture is well combined. If the mixture is too thick, add more nut milk to thin to desired consistency.
- Heat 2 tsp coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add ¼ cup of mixture and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Cook for about 2 minutes. Flip once you see a few large bubbles on the surface. Cook for 1 more minute. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Serve with maple syrup and more chocolate chips.
- 5-6 tortillas of choice (depending on size)
- 1 Block extra firm tofu (or protein of choice)
- 1/2 can beans of choice
- 1/3 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 1-2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1/3 red onion, diced
- Pico de Gallo
- Avocado or guacamole
- Jarred Jalapeños
Cilantro Lime Aioli:
- 1/4 cup plain greek or coconut yogurt (for more mayonnaise)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F (You can also bake these in the air fryer).
- If using tofu, using a cheese grater, grate the block of tofu, creating shreds.
- Drizzle a pan with olive oil, over medium heat, and add the onion and tofu shreds. Cook for 10 minutes or so, until the tofu, begins to brown. Then add in the taco seasoning and enchilada sauce. Cook a few more minutes.
- Warm up the tortillas. Add some of the beans to each one. Then add some of the protein to each. Roll the tortillas up into taquitos.
- Add the taquitos to a square baking dish, packing them in tightly so they hold their form. Spray them with spray oil, then bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- To make the sauce: Whisk everything together until smooth. Taste & adjust as desired.
- Top the taquitos with your favorite toppings - chopped romaine, onion, jalapeños, & salsa, or pico de Gallo. Enjoy!